Offshore Contractors Association pay offer rejected
Unite & GMB Unions have rejected a pay and conditions offer by Offshore Industry Contractors Association.
The Unite and GMB unions said members had “overwhelmingly” rejected proposals by the Offshore Contractors Association (OCA) following a consultative ballot.
They added they were seeking a meeting with OCA to try to reach a negotiated settlement.
OCA said it remained “committed to doing everything we can to reach an agreement”.
In a statement, the unions said: “Unite and GMB members have overwhelmingly rejected the OCA employers’ pay and conditions proposals.
“In light of a significant mandate from trade union-organised offshore workers to oppose any further cuts in pay, or changes to other terms and conditions, we now are seeking a meeting with the OCA to try and secure a negotiated settlement to unions’ pay and conditions claim.”
Responding to the news, OCA chief executive Paul Atkinson said: “We are seeking to reach an agreement that continues to protect employees’ earnings by guaranteeing pay and standards while at the same time ensuring that investors have the confidence they need to do business in the UK Continental shelf.
“Throughout the current negotiations, the OCA has been in constant dialogue with the relevant trade unions in an attempt to reach a mutually acceptable position.
“These negotiations are ongoing and we are committed to doing everything we can to reach an agreement.”
In July, hundreds of North Sea workers went on strike over plans to cut their pay and allowances.
The action was taken by members of the RMT and Unite unions employed by the Wood Group on Shell platforms.
It was the first industrial action of its kind in the offshore oil and gas industry in almost 30 years.
Unite and the GMB unions have been in pay talks with the Offshore Contractors Association(OCA) the pay claim on behalf of Union members was as follows
Joint GMB/UNITE Pay & Conditions Claim – 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017
The pay and conditions claim on behalf of Unite & GMB members: –
1. Substantial Wage Increase
2. Improved Sick Pay
3. Introduce Paid Travel Time to employers onshore base
Unite & GMB Unions Statement
Paul Atkison Chief Exec OCA
We refer to ongoing talks to consider our reasonable three-point claim and for the employers side to respond to the GMB & UNITE OCA pay and conditions claim for 2016/17.
The OCA employers side counter proposals are an unacceptable response to our reasonable three-point claim.
In these circumstances, we now confirm in writing that both GMB and UNITE are declaring a failure to agree and we will both report back to all Union members and consult with them on their response to this unacceptable situation.
Unite Regional Officer
On behalf of GMB and UNITE
04 November 2016
Unite and GMB members have been consulted on the outcome of the pay negotiations and have taken part in a consultative ballot and have now advised their respective unions that they overwhelmingly reject the proposals.
The OCA agreement covers employees in the following companies offshore
- AMEC Foster Wheeler plc
- Aker Offshore Partner Ltd
- Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services UK Ltd
- Cape PLC
- Muehlhan Industrial Services Ltd
- Petrofac Facilities Management
- Sparrows Offshore Services Ltd
- Stork Technical Services
- Wood Group PSN Ltd
Of the 68 companies currently in the OCA, 56 are Associates. Please click on an Associate to find out more.
- ABB Engineering Services Ltd
- Adept Knowledge Management
- Aiken Group Ltd
- Altrad NSG Ltd
- Applus RTD Ltd
- Bluewater Services International Private Ltd
- Bureau Veritas
- CDS (Oil & Gas Services) Ltd
- CKT Projects Ltd
- Cegelec Oil & Gas UK
- Chubb Fire & Security Ltd
- Denholm MacNamee Ltd
- Doosan Babcock
- E M & I UK Ltd
- Fabricom Offshore Services
- Global Project (Services) Ltd
- Global Resource Management Ltd
- Honeywell Analytics Ltd
- ICR Integrity Ltd
- IRISNDT Ltd Heat Treatment Services
- Kaefer C & D Ltd
- Labtech Services Ltd
- Mattioli Woods plc
- McDonald Scaffolding (Services) Ltd
- Mercer Ltd
- Metco Services Ltd
- Motherwell Bridge Ltd
- NT Rix Scaffolding Ltd
- Navitas International Solutions Ltd
- Norisol Norge AS
- OIE Services Ltd
- Oleochem Project Management Ltd
- SGS United Kingdom Ltd
- SKN Electrical Services Ltd
- SPIE Ltd
- Scotgrip (UK) Ltd
- Scottish Enterprise
- Sonomatic Ltd
- Sulzer Wood Ltd
- Sureclean Ltd
- Teekay Petrojarl Production AS
- Tyco Fire & Integrated Solutions Ltd
- Web Rigging Services Ltd
- Whittaker Engineering (Stonehaven) Ltd
- Wipro UK Ltd
- Wood Group HR Ltd
- Wood Group Industrial Services
OCA Board of Directors
Below are details of the OCA’s Executives and Directors.
Paul Atkinson, chief executive of the OCA,
- Mr Alan Johnstone | AMEC Foster Wheeler plc
- Mr Andrew Ferguson | Petrofac Facilities Management
- Mr Craig Wiggins | Aker Offshore Partner Ltd
- Mr Erik-Jan Bijvank | Stork Technical Services Ltd
- Mr John Macdonald | Muehlhan Surface Protection Ltd
- Mr Michael Hockey | ECIA
- Mr Mick Herke | BEIS
- Mr Paul Birch | Wood Group PSN
- Mr Simon Hicks | Cape plc
Source OCA website
If you work offshore and your T&Cs are covered under the OCA agreement Join Unite offshore now .
If you are a member of Unite and you work offshore please ensure that Unite has up to date and accurate details on your offshore employment status.
- Full Name (As on your vantage card)
- Union membership Number
- Full Home Address & Mobile Contact number
- E-mail address
- Current Job Title
- Current Installation /Ad – Hoc
- Employment Status : Core Crew ; Ad-Hoc ; Self Employed ; Agency : Field worker employed to work where when required within an oil field or sector for your employer : Other (Please Advise)
E – mail your up to date details to email@example.com or call the Aberdeen Unite office on 01224 645 271 or contact your Unite offshore workplace rep/shop steward.
Join Unite online today!
Unite is the largest trade union in for offshore workers in the North Sea UKCS
Have a voice, take action and make change happen. Join the union